Tuesday 13 December 2011

Day 166: Pass me the saw

I got no sleep last night, and not in the good way. 

My hand chose last night to flare up in a big way - it is now very swollen and very painful. If this isn't proof of the unpredictable nature of the disease then I don't know what is. When I went to bed at 10PM last night my hand was fine. Two and a half hours later I woke up with a throbbing wrist. At 5AM I even found myself crying, partly through frustration at not being able to sleep and partly because the pain really was just that bad. If someone had offered me a saw there and then I would have genuinely considered chopping my hand off. 

I say the pain was just that bad, but actually it's still just as bad now - hence why I find myself writing this instead of being sat in an ENT clinic right now. It's my left hand that's flared up, so obviously I'm left handed - RA never seems to want to make life easy for me. This means I couldn't even get dressed this morning or do my hair, let alone drive to the hospital for placement. So I'm currently laid up in bed waiting and hoping for the pain killers and anti-inflammatory drugs to kick in so that I can make it to an Eneuresis clinic this afternoon. In the meantime if anyone has a saw I can borrow you know where I am... stuck in bloody bed, that's where.

Love,
Cat x

1 comment:

Jess said...

aww Cat xx hope you feel better soon.. then get yourself to fruity!