Friday 8 July 2011

Day 11: 1 in 3...

Today was joint juice infusion number 2.

This time I was kindly accompanied by mama Bull, who insisted on reading every single leaflet available and then announced that 1 in 3 people don't actually respond to the joint juice at all. Thanks for the positive thinking, mother. However I forgave her because she did buy me a panini, a sandwich, a pack of crisps, two drinks, and a chocolate gateau. I am quickly making a name for myself on ward 8 what with the chair incident last week and eating my body weight in food today. 

I was given the usual paracetamol, Piriton, and steroid infusion to help counteract some of the potential side effects. Soon after the joint juice started flowing I had a visit from Beth, who I climbed Kilimanjaro with last summer. And she brought with her not one, but TWO puzzle books. I nearly wet myself with excitement. And then along came Sarah with some chocolate cake. No wonder I had to go to the toilet three times (which by the way was still as hard as last time whilst attached to a drip, clearly didn't learn my lesson). 

There was a slightly worrying moment when the nurse looked concerned and asked me if I felt ok, because my temperature had decided to go up by 0.4 degrees in the space of an hour. As a result she insisted on keeping me there for an extra half an hour after the joint juice had finished to keep an eye on me but she eventually let me go and as you can see I am alive to tell the tale. Am slightly hoping the joint juice starts working within the next two days as I leave for Spain on Sunday to work for six weeks. However for now I guess I should probably just be focusing on not becoming that 1 in 3...


Love,
Cat x

No comments: