Wednesday 11 January 2012

Day 195: The 'RA diet'

I am now into day 10 of being unable to eat properly. In a bid to get some food down me mama Bull treated me and my sister to a Nandos lunch the other day, but I was still in such a bad way that I only ordered one side with my burger. ONE. And I didn't even finish the burger. Now most of the time I'm surprisingly ok with having RA - after almost 10 years I'm pretty used to it. But every so often I go through a 'pissed off' phase. I am currently in the middle of one of these phases. Mess with me all you want RA, but don't come between me and my Nandos. On the plus side I've lost 3kg over the last two weeks, so every cloud and all that... In fact my friends have started referring to it as the 'RA diet'. So if any of you have made New Year's resolutions to lose some weight, just get RA. Simple. 

There is another reason why I'm currently in a 'pissed off' phase though. On Monday I did my first training run of 2012. I only ran 5K. 5K is easy. But seemingly in retaliation for my attempt at some exercise RA decided to strike again and I woke up yesterday morning in excruciating pain and unable to weight bare on my left knee. Not the end of the world, I just limped around all day and moaned to my friends a bit. However by the time I woke up this morning my other knee had joined in the party too. And now at time of writing I have pain in my ankle and wrist too, so it looks like I might be heading towards a full blown flare. It's ok though, I'll just comfort eat to cheer myself up. Oh wait, that's right, I CAN'T BLOODY EAT CAN I. 

Love,
Cat x

1 comment:

SiĆ¢nicles said...

I am currently on the braces diet, I can't eat anything that requires much chewing because my teeth hurt too much! But this post has put my mullerice filled day into perspective, I hope you feel much better soon. Your blog is so inspirational, I love it. X